BLOOD DONOR DETAILS – Online Examiner
Upcoming Community Blood Center blood drives in Logan County include:
• Quest Community Church, West Liberty — 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. March 16
• Mary Rutan Hospital, Bellefontaine — 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 30.
Visit www.DonorTime.com to find blood drive locations and times and to schedule an appointment.
In addition to whole blood donation, the following donations are also required:
• PLATES — Platelet cells form clots to stop bleeding. They help patients with cancer, trauma, burns and transplants. Both men and women can donate platelets. The ideal platelet donor is blood type A, AB or B positive. You can donate platelets up to 24 times a year.
• PLASMA — Transports nutrients, blood components and clotting factors throughout the body. Plasma helps trauma patients and people with chronic illnesses. CBC collects plasma from male donors only. The ideal plasma donor is blood type AB or B positive. You can donate plasma every 28 days up to 13 times a year.
• DOUBLE RED BLOOD CELLS — Red blood cells carry oxygen to organs and eliminate carbon dioxide. They help people who have lost blood due to injury or surgery. Both men and women can donate double red blood cells. The ideal double red blood cell donor is blood type O, A negative or B negative. You must wait 112 days after a double red blood cell donation before donating again.
For more information, speak to a CBC specialist at (937) 461-3220.